Sunday, June 30, 2013

More than 6 months later update

My son is doing still remarkably well since being brought off the medications Prairie Care put him on.
Not only has he lost weight, he seems like his happy self-and has brought home great grades.

Although we deal with high functioning autism, we deal with it with a highly qualified pyschiatrist, not locking him in a facility that was, in our view, extremely detrimental and dangerous to him.

Prairie Care has ignored our requests to return the money they overcharged us. We have seen no response as to why we were forced to pay interest but no one else was.

Joel Oberstar. I am beginning to wonder if he is receiving political favoritism. I just wonder. And I do have to question whether he rolls around in money at night at the expense of mislead parents trying desperately to help their child.
Listen Nurse Ratchet Oberstar, we are very nice people. But you have never bothered to find that out. You relied on mean little misleader Todd (our view)  You just grubbed our money that you knew we contested.
The key to being a great doctor is to open your mind. You don't know what you did and have never shown interest in wanting to know. That makes me sick. Unfortunately, it could be making your patients sick as well. Closed minded bureacratic doctors, in my view, and others, are dangerous. Their cockiness can cause harm.

We tried not to litigate, insisted we didn't want to, but saw DANGERS to children in your facility and quietly wanted to let you know. Your people attacked us for it. Cruelly.

 That's just for what we brought up for health care. Not the money part-for safety of children. I am not bending over for your whipping boy.

I imagine Todd Archebold is still acting like a baby that he was called a sexist after, in my view, he acted like one for no particular reason. But you never cared to open your eyes to another side.

Prairie Care refused to respond to the Better Business Bureau and got dropped a grade.

Steve White is not UNBIASED or NEUTRAL or YOUR ADVOCATE. He works for them. And we have refuted some of his tall tales with his own voice recorded on our voicemail.

The Attorney General's office has a beginning if they ever decide to take action. Please file if you know something, anything. If they are not protecting them for political reasons maybe children will be spared what we view as something out of one flew over the cuckoos nest.

Prairie Care was caught in their own BS, when they threw out claims against me to the attorney general and I responded with their own voice mails directly refuting their comments.

And as for bait and switch money grubbing. 

Prairie Care has not responded to us whether they are interested in overtreatment. I repeat, which every parent should know.

 Before admission, my son was NEVER seen by a psychiatrist or psychologist. He was never tested. He was not deemed an emergency in their own words. But they made us as vulnerable parents believe. They made us believe their partial hospitalization program would help him. (if they lived with what we saw, they would know they hurt him-badly) Their program, they claim is a step down, or when outpatient doesn't work, they pushed us to put him in, with no prior psychiatric evaluation. 

They made us believe we would only pay 2k out of pocket for 30 days. We pulled him out after 14, (we had been thinking of pulling him out sooner but they swore the behavior would get better and we may hurt him to stop)
They NEVER told us how much they cost. They only told us they checked with our insurance and we would pay 2k out of pocket for 30 days. Repeat, they NEVER told us their costs, and yet they wish to blame our insurance.

They knew we adamently believed and feel we have abundant proof they broke their word yet grabbed our money anyway. They never committed to us to helping the girl who had her face on the radiator that we witnessed in front of the nurses station. They started haranguing us for his records once he left and dramatically improved when drugs with known interactions were stopped.

They have never shown care to anything in my view, but smearing us, taking our money and not caring about children an what they have done.

We find them vile and hurtful to this day and our opinion only worsens with each lie we refute with evidence, or when we get comments from health care consultants with psychiatric backgrounds claiming to know them as a long time patient.

I can be very nice and reasonable. I encourage Ratchett to find the tape from my city debate last year. Hardly what you have painted me to be.

 But they hopefully have found, attacking me, is not a good approach.  However, as always, I will leave the door open to discussion, should they wish to behave appropriately.


Oh, and ps Nurse Ratchet Oberstar. I have been formerly an endorsed union candidate , supported by the DFL, a long time dem, helped the say NO campaign hardcore, and hold a flag flown over the US capital on my son's birthday, sent to us by a family friend and democractic Congressman. And my Godfather is a former state Dem party leader. I used to be a reporter and helped blow the lid off a company in Minnesota that overcharged thousands just pennies at a time, but boy did it add up. So if you think I say you may, or it could be possible, be getting political favors for partisan reasons, you got the wrong gal.
I interviewed Wellstone many times. And have been flattered, as I have moved on in life to have folks say my passion, integrity, morals and diligence remind me of him. I was on bed rest with my son in the hospital watching the news when he died. 
I cried that such a man would be lost, and whispered to by unborn that may never make it--I hope someday you grow to be like him. 
 I say it because I know my way around politics and money grubbers and am suspicious of the motives of Prairie Care. I say it because I feel you hurt my son and my family. It's my opinion. But I say it as a mom you never bothered to find out is kind, compassionate and charged up to protect her own and feels maybe an oversense of moral obligation, but feels strongly that no one else should feel like your facility made us feel. No child. No parent.

It was wrong. And parents should know, before they choose you. You may be the right choice for them. But if anything, perhaps they will learn to have you document, shop around and compare, and know the best advocate for their child is not you-it is them.

Free assessments. The old saying goes, there's nothing in life that's "free." 

oberstar,  Prairie care address, prairie care services, adolescent mental health, partial hospitalization, prairie care edina, prairie care maple grove, prairie care edina address, prairie care maple grove address, mental health, autism, overtreatment in health care, Minneapolis children mental health, twin cities mental children, autism services



No comments:

Post a Comment

We will not accept personal medical information or unverifiable information. We are an opinion site. This site welcomes the opinion of other parents but will not include identifying information.
Libelous comments or potentially libelous or untrue comments will not be posted. They are not welcome. We only want to have an opinion be heard.

Again, this is an opinion site only and we ask that it stays family friendly and useful.

Prairie Care is welcome to have their attorney send an opinion commentary, questions, or concerns to be considered for posting, and we will diligently treat it the same way they treated ours.