Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Prairie Care Patient Advocate or Comedian

On Prairie Care's website they define Steve White, "patient advocate" as:

Key to the role is friendly, unbiased, neutral, open communication with PrairieCare families, patients, outside practitioners and staff. 

The same website claims the priority is to help families concerning the quality of care and overall services.

Unbiased? Neutral? Helping families?

He works for them. He has written letters for Todd Archebold to the Attorney General denying responsibility and claiming calls were not returned. I responded with his own voice mail recorded where he said don't call me back.

Is that an neutral, unbiased patient advocate?

 Prairie Care didn't answer the Better Business Bureau at all, and they got a couple slaps on the knuckles with the Minnesota mental health Ombudsman, not us.They lawyered up when I laid out some problems and have treated us with gossip, red herrings and in my view bully tactics ever since. Even though I said straight out I wasn't interested in lawyers. They also complained to the AG in a response prepared by Steve White, Patient Advocate for Todd, that I said Todd was sexist. That's correct. They whined to the state about getting their feelings hurt. What happened to: I'm rubber you're glue?
 It's very junior high, in my view, but it's tactics I believe to throw us off the relevant facts, (and we've dealt with a lot of side tactics) which is our concerns about care, and our concerns about the bill being much larger than what we were told.
It seems we are constantly deflecting rumors and whines.

On the sexism thing, KEEPING IN MIND IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING except my personal feelings about Todd Archebold. Actually, my personal feelings are even worse about him-but don't relate to facts. Well, that's my opinion. 
When Todd responded to my concerns with an irrelevant accusation that the mom missed a dose one day, I found it sexist. One, it had no relevancy to concerns about backpacks not being checked, sharp objects being found and medication interaction concerns, so I thought it was thrown in just to intimidate me. They also complained that I didn't increase his dose based on that same day he missed a dose. They now understand that increasing a dose based on incomplete information is not appropriate.
Two, we are a two parent household and yet only the mom got the blame. So yes, I thought that was sexist to assume mom is the only one to be held responsible for non-issues. That is the point where things went badly with them. But since I felt they were playing games and being bullies, avoiding issues like over-treatment, sharp objects found, etc..and already had lost faith in them, thought they were ripping me off at the cost of my child's health, etc....it's not a surprise when they chose to insult me for no related reason. I was not appreciative. To me, it confirmed all the lowest things I thought about them. And they were pretty low. But this is how they've behaved.

Back to the patient advocate. I was going to put up his picture, but didn't want any copyright issues. Then I was going to put one of John Hodgman, because there's a remarkable similarity-but I like Hodgman. So we will go without a picture.


I don't believe this guy is your friend, he is not unbiased or neutral. I am not sure how he could be and then take sides?  If there was someone working for you, in my opinion, I wouldn't have paid interest their own website says I shouldn't have to pay. My son wouldn't have been checked in to a program without seeing a psychiatrist first. They claim it's a step down, or when outpatient doesn't work. My child was never seen by a psychiatrist on an outpatient basis. Never. He was not deemed an emergency. And he was never seen by a psychiatrist. I wish we knew, but we were referred by our family doctor-and thought they would be OK. They may be for some-they were NOT for us. And in our view, have gone above and beyond to make it worse.

 I think they would have told me how much they cost and honored it, then taken my concerns about their care and pledge to work harder to keep kids safer.

 When you say 2000k for a 30 day stay and we are only there 14, you can scream up and down about my insurance, which I said we needed to verify before entering and they agreed and admit to verifying, but it is THEIR COSTS that I wasn't quoted beyond under 2k for a 30 day stay. My insurance isn't to blame for that. THEY ARE. I didn't know what their daily rate was, I just know they said and confirmed after talking to my insurance that it would be 2k for a full stay, which was supposed to be 30 days.

They led me to believe that I would pay out of pocket under 2k for 30 days and initially agreed to it--until I pointed out we only stayed for 14. Of course this was when things had started to go badly in our relations, in my opinion, due to Todd's choices to play games.

 So it needs to be adjusted to 14 days, or my opinion is--that's a blatant overcharge.

Why not adjust it and do the right thing? Why deal with agency after agency which makes me stronger each time? It's not a lot of money, but perhaps, like me, they are doing it on what they believe is principle?
Except, me is one family fighting for not feeling ripped off or being left with the impression  my child was used in a manner that was inappropriate. What's their motive to fight so hard to refuse to pay back the "alleged" overcharge?

I have an opinion that they are only refusing to refund it, because I hurt their feelings and they are acting out of hubris.
I think they don't like me and that's their reasoning.That's a poor reason. Personal feelings should be set aside.

 I think they know darn well it should be adjusted but they are mad at me now and stomping their feet like little toddlers screaming in a corner. That's my opinion-but the only explanation I can come up with for their childish behavior. Seriously, let's play gossip with the AG? I'm pretty sure only facts matter, not a game of telephone. What business would spend this much time and bad publicity just to have a mad parent feel they are even worse than what she thought? The only thing I can come up with is ego, childish behavior, uncaring, and under-equipped . An opinion, again, but it's all that I can understand to explain themselves.

Frankly, the fact that they put the "patient advocate" title to make it sound like they are on your side, or to even claim they are unbiased or neutral makes me sick. That's a fact, hack.

That's why again, if you decide this is the place-get it in writing. The only real advocate for your child is you.

I hope someday, Prairie Care at least takes down the unbiased, neutral claim.

If they ever decide to correct things with us--I would take this down.

mental health care children, edina, maple grove, steve white, patient advocate, cost partial hospitalization, quality of care at prairie care, cost of care at prairie care, review of prairie care edina, autism, prairie care review.

5 comments:

  1. Prairie Care IOP changed my life. For the better. I've never been in contact with so many caring staff members of all disciplines. I continue to see a therapist there. I was so surprised when I saw this site. Prairie Care is the best thing that has every happened to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Why no response Maria? Am I wrong that you are likely just doing some rather shoddy PR control for Prairie Care?
      Can you explain why someone in your role may impact the treatment of others yet you claim to have serious psycholical problems that need ongoing treatment?
      Isn't that as dangerous as drunk pilot?
      Do you support over treatment and over medicating children?
      Do you support Prairie Care sending the attorney general claims that I disproved with their own voicemail recordings?
      Do you support overcharging parents double?
      Do you support their claims of not having to pay interest but if you dare say something very serious about their admission practices you will?
      Do you support placing children in a facility without emergency need and without a thorough evaluation that could have immediately shown Prairie Care was not suitable?
      Do you support putting children on more medicine before trying to put them on less?
      If you support these things, we will agree to disagree and I consider you somewhere in the area of Jenny McCarthy or a total sociopath.

      Just wondering?

      Delete
  2. MARIA had.made a.comment.to be published of.how.wonderfuk prairie care is.
    I will publish those if I have reason to believe its not.BS as from other sides.
    The womans bio was a clinical research pyschologist a mile long.
    Strong likelihood of.being Prairie Care BS as I have become accustomed.to from the my opinion, thieving larvae.
    Maria, if you are getting sooooo much therapy, maybe you shouldnt be dolling it out. I call BS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Acutally, I changed my mind and decided to publish her opinion. Maybe you want to hire a health care consultant with such amazing creds. You can be the judge if she's BS or not.

    I would ask that you google her name:

    You will find this on linked in first thing:

    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/maria-frisch/31/ab1/b09

    Maria Frisch's Overview

    Current

    Healthcare Management Consultant at Maria Frisch, LLC

    Past

    Clinical Research Scientist at Park Nicollet Health Services
    Research Fellow at Mayo Clinic
    Clinical Research Coordinator at University of Minnesota

    see all
    Education

    Saint George's School of Medicine
    University of Aberdeen
    University of Minnesota-Twin Cities

    see all
    Connections

    186 connections

    Maria Frisch's Summary

    I am a healthcare consultant and research scientist with 10 years of experience and leadership in the healthcare industry. My educational background includes graduate level training and degrees in health research, policy, and management; health economics; and medical sciences.

    Healthcare Management Consultant
    Maria Frisch, LLC

    February 2011 – Present (2 years 5 months) National

    I am an experienced consultant with a proven track record in developing treatment outcomes and comparative effectiveness research protocols, managing execution of trials and presenting key findings to stakeholders, establishing and implementing quality improvement initiatives, and developing written materials for publication. My clients include Stanford University School of Medicine, Sheppard Pratt Healthcare System, Castlewood, and MultiBriefs.
    Clinical Research Scientist
    Park Nicollet Health Services

    Nonprofit; 5001-10,000 employees; Hospital & Health Care industry

    March 2012 – May 2013 (1 year 3 months) St. Louis Park, MN

    I established a complex treatment outcomes research protocol within a multi-level eating disorders treatment program. Additionally, I effectively led a high performing team of research coordinators and biostatisticians to deliver optimized clinical and business intelligence to leadership. Through stretch assignments, I frequently served as a clinical liaison and served key roles in Lean rapid process improvement workshops (RPIWs) .
    Research Fellow
    Mayo Clinic

    Nonprofit; 10,001+ employees; Hospital & Health Care industry

    June 2008 – August 2008 (3 months) Rochester, MN

    I was selected as a summer research fellow in medicine. Spending the summer on-site, I rotated through various research labs, shadowed hospital leaders, and served as a volunteer at the Good Samaritan Health Clinic.
    Clinical Research Coordinator
    University of Minnesota

    Educational Institution; 10,001+ employees; Higher Education industry

    January 2003 – May 2008 (5 years 5 months) Minneapolis, MN

    As a member of the Eating Disorders Research Training Program, I managed multi-site clinical and pharmaceutical trials and served as an instructor for undergraduate honors and graduate courses at the University.
    Research Fellow
    Harvard University

    Educational Institution; 10,001+ employees; Higher Education industry

    June 2004 – August 2004 (3 months) Boston, MA

    Selected as a Matina S. Horner research fellow through the Harvard Eating Disorders Center, I spent the summer on-site, conducting independent research under the guidance of University mentors

    ReplyDelete

We will not accept personal medical information or unverifiable information. We are an opinion site. This site welcomes the opinion of other parents but will not include identifying information.
Libelous comments or potentially libelous or untrue comments will not be posted. They are not welcome. We only want to have an opinion be heard.

Again, this is an opinion site only and we ask that it stays family friendly and useful.

Prairie Care is welcome to have their attorney send an opinion commentary, questions, or concerns to be considered for posting, and we will diligently treat it the same way they treated ours.